How are you all doing? I hope everyone is enjoying the season and planning to buy some latest women dresses. YEAH… it is a need for all of us every other day. But nothing to be disappointed, I am sure you will keep your closets, updated with the latest trends. Today I am here to dress up the ladies over 40 in some beautiful maxi dresses for a change. Yes.. You heard that right!!! Females over 40 in maxi dresses. It has been enough for young professional working women or about the teenagers. Fashion has been restricted to these age groups so intensely that the gorgeous experienced women somewhere down the line have stopped focusing on themselves. And Yes, I can say that because I have been watching my mother and her friends getting indulged so much in their household chores, their children, and work that they have forgotten to groom themselves up.
Styling and portraying yourself as a fashion diva is an inner ability with which every woman is gifted with. No woman needs to learn the techniques to become as hot as a Bollywood diva or as casual as a college girl, she knows it pretty well. A woman gets too sensitive in choosing her clothes, her eating habits, her lifestyle etc when she crosses the bar of 40. She gets more emotional rather than being practical. She starts finding fun and thrill in her daughter. You might have noticed how an older woman pinpoints silly mistakes in the costumes and makeup of her young daughter, she is so worried about her appearance in the public that she keeps on advising her on the best choices for dresses and accessories and how to adorn them.
I know it is a situation that everyone can relate to. Life is a vicious circle, what we listen today from our mothers, we repeat the same to our children. But I do not want that any woman should stop getting dressed up in her favorite attire thinking about her age. Aging shows how beautiful a woman had been in her past and how gorgeous time has made her now. Wrinkles, dark spots or saggy skin never represents the aging in a lady, it is all about her eyes, her mental strength and her unfulfilled desires to which she is still living for with a hope to come true one day.
So, today I want to give a big shout out to the wiser women of our society, I want them to take a step ahead with awesome women dresses like MAXI DRESSES which would give them a sophisticated yet an elegant look for their casual and office days. Women… show the world that you have not grown old, you have graced beautifully.
MAXI DRESSES STYLING FOR 40+ WOMEN
Dresses for older women are not many in number or we can say that all the dresses out there on the web retail portals or at physical stores are not appropriate for the older generation. But that does not mean that it has restricted the experience ladies to stop thinking fashionably. If she has got the fashion sense, she can wear any dress irrespective of what age group she belongs to.
While dressing for an older age group, a woman must understand that she is no more a college going girl who could wear anything and can call it funky or quirky. When a girl becomes a woman, she has to dress according to her stature and position in the society. Some key points to consider before filling your wardrobe :
- Knowing your body type and understanding your unique sense of styling will make you look sober, subtle and elegant. So always maintain your sense of styling with your wardrobe essentials.
- The quality of products should be the focus for you. A long lasting product will definitely be having more grace rather than a cheaper product which could affect your personality.
- Classic pieces like a white buttoned shirt, a pair of dark denim, blazers, long coats, printed dresses must be your list for any day. These classic pieces define your style rather than the ongoing trend.
- Try not to overdo in terms of accessories, makeup and shades of dresses. Comely looks can be exhibited in minimal makeup and accessories to keep the look fresh and casual.
- Investing in intimate apparels is a great choice to look great on any other day, a good bra or a Shapewear would definitely make the difference.
- Play with accessories like belts, handbags, hats and shoes. A rich and luxurious feel can be manifested from the bags you have invested in, your attitude will be represented in your style of the walk (the heels you are comfortable in) and belts and hats can shape your body for a classic look.
Considering the above-mentioned points, how a maxi can be dressed up for an older woman is eciting to watch. Let me take you to the styling tips and tricks to don a maxi dress.
- With the upcoming summer season, Maxi dresses can be glammed up by various women to their work and for casual days. Okay, I am going to stop using the word older now, in fact words like wiser or sophisticated or graceful will be used for hereon. A wiser woman must look for some printed and vibrant shades. Solid block dresses would also look great on older ladies. With summer approaching, flowery prints and neutral hues maxis will look super chic on you. Too- dark or glittery maxi dresses would not serve the purpose as they can make you look overdone with the ensemble. Subtle looks in sea green, turquoise blue, orange, pink, neon shades would greatly suit your personality. Fabrics like chiffon, georgette, and woven cotton or high-end fabrics that would enhance your royalty and personality. Some women are not comfortable with sleeveless maxi dresses due to the baby fat at arms, such women should opt for sleeved maxi dresses which will give flawless look and will make them more confident about what they are.
For the same season, maxi dresses can be teamed up with various accessories and footwear, like elongated hats, casual sandals and flip flop gladiators and bellies turning out to be comfortable and casual for a long day out with friends and family. A woman over 40 can dress up in a maxi for casual lunches, a movie with friends, grocery shopping, strolling down the streets of her city and window shopping in a shopping mall. She would simply look great in the outfit which will enhance her overall looks.
Handbags online can even accentuate her appearance. She can opt for a printed casual tote bag if wearing a flared maxi in a solid colour, or can opt for a neutral shade satchel or wallet if wearing a printed maxi. Overall, both should complement each other rather than being overdone. Apart from tote bags and wallets, a lady can even opt for casual sling bags which she can put across her front torso to be comfortable and stylish.
- Maxi dresses do not end up with the end of summer season only, they can be taken up till winter season by older women. Winter has its own charm and uniqueness of wearing dresses, the glitters work more than in summer, darker shades are preferred more and the boots come in their shape. All these things are missing in the summer season and are high in demand in winters.
A solid colour maxi in dark hues of burgundy, emerald green, navy and of course black is well suited to glam up a cocktail night or a love date. The darker the shade, the gorgeous the night is. Floral prints or stripes and other patterns are all day looks and look too casual for a formal night, so be precise with the collection of shades you opt for.
Cotton tee shirts or heavy and long sweaters are a big NO for styling up a maxi dress. A maxi skirt with a dressy top is all you need to rock the event in winters. Glitters work more at night and especially in winters. A golden shimmer top, with a burgundy or black flared maxi skirt, is a perfect ensemble. This is yet another option to trend a maxi dress in the winter season. Layering is essential in winter. To keep yourself warm does not necessitate a compromise on the fashion and style. Blazers are the best choice to layer over the maxis, loose blazers or buttoned down blazers, both work for a chic look.
Boots are the next great accessory to style on for maxi dresses in winters. Ankle length boots look super chic and hot when paired up with pencil skirt maxi or flared maxi dresses. Leather material or a fine and refined cowboy bootie are the keys to an ethereal and charismatic look.
Nights and that too in winters can be best accentuated in shimmer wallets and high-end clutches which holds a woman overall royalty. Solid shade clutches with diamonds and gem embellishments look awesome. The daytime can be accompanied with leather satchels and leather tote bags in darker shades to become the head turner.
Women just grab a few pieces of your choice and show the world that you can still dazzle the floors whenever you want. You don’t need age or a zero figure to look gorgeous, the timelessness and classiness that is earned with each passing year is what makes you stunning.