Before you read on I must tell you that this post is not related to beauty or fashion. I just wanted to write a post to connect more with you guys because the intent of this blog is to possibly talk about all the things that may be bothersome to one or more than one of you. And today I am going to talk about a very sensitive topic ‘Being Overweight’.
There can be many reasons from which we can gain weight. A few of them are:
- Genes and Family history is one of the major reason of being obese. Your chances of being overweight are greater if one or both of your parents are overweight .
- Some hormone problems may cause overweight and obesity, such as underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), Cushing’s syndrome, and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
- Lack of sleep, stress or depression can also be a contributing factor. Many anti-depressant medications cause weight gain, So if you’re depressed and taking pills for it, expect to see a bump.
- There’s a long list of medications that can cause weight gain. For instance, if you’re taking birth control pills, excess hormones for hormone therapy, steroids, beta-blockers for heart disease and blood pressure etc then this may be a reason for weight gain.
- During pregnancy, women gain weight and after giving birth , some women find it hard to lose the weight.
- Digestive issues/constipation, may also account for excess pounds.
- If your body is deficient of certain nutrients then also you tend to gain weight.
- Another unavoidable reason is that you are getting old because as we age our metabolism rate tends to slow down.
What you can do to avoid or curb weight gain:
- Follow a healthy eating plan. Make healthy food choices, and focus on the balance of energy IN and energy OUT.
- Be active. Find activities that you enjoy. For example, go for a brisk walk or run.
- If you suspect your medication is affecting your waistline, your doctor may be able to find an alternative treatment that won’t have that particular side effect.
- Stay hydrated and have fiber-rich foods.
- Choosing low-fat proteins and reducing carbs are good ways to help avoid unnecessary pounds.
- Stay Happy.
This is what I want you to read with a smile on your face and do not to skip a line
To tell you about myself, I am a very skinny girl but I have seen a lot of my friends struggling through difficult emotions because of being overweight. I know , you will think that I can’t understand how it feels when you are constantly pointed out about the extra pounds that you gain and when you get bullied and teased for the same.. and I will say Yes.. I can’t completely understand how it feels but I can understand it a little because all of us have one or the other flaw and we all are somewhere fighting against some odds in our life.
First off you must remember that there is a lot more to you than your body. You have a mind, soul and a beautiful heart too . Your body is just a shell to present to the world and can be changed over a period of time.
Stay positive because if you are overweight today doesn’t mean that you will stay like that forever. Do not forget that CHANGE IS THE ONLY THING THAT IS CONSTANT. A new day brings a new hope and gives you a chance to change for better.
You may a lot of people telling you “Hey, you’re just not exercising enough or eating right !” but if losing weight was that easy than nobody would have wanted to stay overweight. So it’s natural to feel frustrated, or upset but you will have to sit down relax and learn to combat these emotions. It will take time, so be optimistic. Try telling yourself that “I shouldn’t give these small things any importance and let me down”. Not everybody who is overweight is upset about it , rather they are confident because they know there strengths and what they are capable of. By this I am not saying that they never wanted to get thin , but accepting and loving yourself is very important to live healthy and happy.
And the last thing that you should understand is You can do a lot about your weight but to win this battle you have to START NOW. You will feel better when you know that you are putting your efforts and trying your best. So for this, even if you have to cut out an ice cream , a shake , a chocolate cookie or go out for a walk .. then go ahead and DO IT !!
There’s no doubt that being overweight can be difficult, both physically and emotionally. But there are ways to feel better. Think positive , work towards your goal(goal to reduce weight) and talk to people , help others and most importantly understand the gift of LIFE. Do not live your life by a number on the scale. Have you watched Biggest Loser TV show? See how determined the contestants are ? If they can do it , SO CAN YOU !
Get inspired from these Bollywood Stars :
And if still nothing works for you then check out these fat celebrities who have rocked the world with their presence :
Adele Laurie Blue Adkins – an English singer-songwriter
Oprah Winfrey – a famous television host
Rebel Wilson – a famous actress
And She is my Favorite Bharti Singh – Indian stand-up comedian and actress
So my pretty ladies, no matter how fat or thin you are, you must know that there are a lot of people to whom you and your happiness matter. I am not sure how much this post has helped you or if didn’t help you at all but I just wanted to say that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL irrespective of your size. Do everything that makes you feel good about yourself but don’t let anything take away the energy and spirit of Life.
Live , Love and Cherish what you have and happiness will follow
Love you all